1 cup pitted medjool dates
1 cup activated nuts (soak walnuts for at least 8 hours, almonds for at least 12 hours)
1/3 cup raw organic cacao powder
1/3 cup coconut oil
½ cup shredded coconut (I’ve found packaged shredded coconut sold shredded in large pieces or very small pieces. Try to get shredded small. If you can’t find it, you can always put the larger pieces in the food processor).
Another ½ cup shredded coconut in a wide bowl or a deep plate for the coating.
1 tablespoon chia seeds
Step by step instructions:
1. Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften.
2. Put dates in food processor first and mix first by themselves until you get a thick paste.
3. Then add nuts, cacao, shredded coconut, coconut oil and chia seeds to processor and mix.
4. If mixture is too dry add either a tablespoon of filtered water, or a little bit more coconut oil.
5. Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
6. Roll mixture into bite size ball size.
7. Roll balls in shredded coconut.
Enjoy! Make a massive batch and store these in the freezer.
Try adding a tsp of your favorite superfood green powder (Like Vitamineral Green) to the mixture! Start with a small amount so the taste isn’t overwhelming. It will be covered up in coconut and balanced out by the sweetness of the dates, so this is a great way to start getting your kids used to the taste of concentrated greens.